With gut health being a hot topic in the health world on social media, there are many conditions that are involved with healing the gut.
In this episode, we are talking about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO).
What is IBS & SIBO?
- IBS is a disorder characterized by abdominal pain or discomfort, and it is estimated that 5-10% of the population has IBS (many are under age 50, but many older adults suffer as well).
- SIBO is often a complication of stomach (abdominal) surgery, this condition can also result from structural problems and some diseases.
Meet our guest
Our guest, registered dietitian Katrina Cox, the expert in this area and shares so much knowledge on this topic.
Katrina helps her clients in finding the root cause of the symptoms. In her programs and counseling her goal is to “make sure not to demonize food or unnecessarily restrict any food groups.
Katrina has wonderful success stories where they have helped many clients – “We methodically healed her SIBO, restored her gut and optimized her microbiome and she was able to fully live her life again.”
In this episode you will learn:
- What is IBS (symptoms/testing/treatment)
- What is SIBO (symtoms/testing/treatment)
- How to live life without these debilitating syptoms