Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Idea
Easy Sheet Pan dinner to the rescue! When time is tight, here is a simple 20-minute dinner idea that is balanced, quick, and delicious!
This idea can be used in a number of ways to change it up and keep it new for the family.
Pick your favorite combo from each category, or this is a great way to use up some items in the refrigerator.
I have made three categories: 1) starch, 2) colors, 3) protein
To make this even easier, I like to use some “shortcut” items, such as frozen chopped sweet potatoes or squash, cooked chicken sausages, and halved (washed) brussels sprouts.
Look at other chopped and ready-to-go produce items. Many grocery stores have chopped veggie kits that would be a great addition to the sheet pan. They have chopped onions, peppers,and zucchinis.
Plus, don’t forget about the frozen section, I have found a wonderful chopped frozen onion and mixed pepper bag that is great to add to this dish (and perfect for crock-pot recipes).
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 (12oz.) pkg. chicken sausage sliced into 1/2 inch
- 1 (12oz.) pkg. frozen diced sweet potatoes
- 1 (12oz.) pkg. brussels sprouts halved
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- olive oil
- seasoning blend (2 tbsp. Everything but the Bagel Seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a greased or lined sheet pan, arrange brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, diced peppers, and chicken sausage evenly on the pan.
- Spray with non-aerosol cooking spray or brush with olive oil and add your favorite seasoning.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, may toss lightly halfway through baking.
This simple dinner idea can be paired with your favorite salad kit, 90-sec grains, rolls, or fruit.
I also love this for leftovers for lunch. A fast hearty meal that can be made in minutes!