Egg Bake for the Week!
Set yourself up for the week with a killer, hearty breakfast where you can make once and eat up to 4 times!
This colorful egg bake can be made with your favorite ingredients. I have added my favorite suggestions below, but feel free to swap out ingredients and keep it fun each time you make this filling dish.
This dish is great to enjoy on its own or make into your favorite breakfast sandwich each morning. A couple of ideas include using a bagel thin, English muffin, sprouted toast, or crumble up into a high-fiber tortilla.
I love the options because it makes breakfast more fun and key in on your “taste hunger.” Your taste hunger involves listening to your body and asking yourself, “what sounds good to eat?”
And sometimes, a little slice of extra cheese is nice to top when heated up for the morning – make it your own!
It was fun to show this recipe on Hello Iowa, I think I came home with two egg bake casseroles, so I am ready for breakfast next week, too!
After I got home from taping the segments, I started my long haul of clean up and since it was a crazy morning of getting things ready, let’s just say, I was hungry! As I was cleaning up, I heated up the bagel thin + egg bake sandwich and I surprised myself on how delicious it was, or I was just extremely hungry, ha!
Sometimes, I don’t eat much before I tape the segments because my mind is elsewhere – making sure I have everything ready to tape two food segments, which is more work than you may realize, but honestly, after I get done, I am on a high.
I have so much fun working with Megan and the crew each time we tape segments. Plus, I feel like this idea may be a game-changer for breakfast and my goal is to help someone watching use this idea to help them make eating healthy food easier for them!
This egg bake packs in a good source of protein. Studies have shown high-protein breakfasts may help regulate satiety, appetite, blood sugar levels, and hormones (1).
Enjoy this breakfast in a number of ways each morning.
Egg Bake for the Week!
- 12 chicken sausages, cooked optional
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ounces spinach or shredded kale
- 1 1/2 cups chopped vegetables broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower crumbles, tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F. 2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. 3. Chop sausages into bite-sized pieces and spread evenly in baking dish. 4. Add greens, onion, vegetables, red pepper and garlic.5. Mix together egg and milk and pour over vegetables and sausage.6. Sprinkle cheese over ingredient. 7. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until eggs are set. Let cool slightly and enjoy!