Just for Kids!
Getting your kids in the kitchen can be a fun way to get them excited about trying new foods. Yes, anything with kids, food and kitchen tools can be a bit stressful but let’s keep food extremely simple.
These easy pizza pockets are made with frozen dough rolls. Kids start by rolling out the dough. Once dough is rolled out, the first step is to spread with pizza sauce.
Be creative and have fun filling the dough with any ingredients, such as: shredded cheese, ground beef, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, broccoli, or whatever your kiddo enjoys.
Other ideas for using the dough as a “pocket”
1) Ham, cheese and broccoli
2) Breakfast: egg, cheese, bacon
3) Veggie: cheese, mushroom, cauliflower rice
4) Dessert: apple, cinnamon, sugar; cherries, blueberries
There are so many varieties for these fun kid-friendly pocket ideas! These also work wonderful as leftover. Make a bunch of these pockets and use for an easy grab-and-go lunch or a quick satisfying snack.
KIDS MAKE! Pizza Pockets
- 8 frozen dinner yeast rolls
- 2/3 cup ground beef
- 1/2 cup sauce (pizza or marinara)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (pizza blend)
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies (mushrooms, peppers, olives, broccoli) (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thaw dough at room temperature about 4 to 6 hours before you begin to make recipe. Roll out each dough ball. Place 2 teaspoons of sauce and spread evenly over dough. Add cheese, meat and veggies on one side of the dough. Fold dough over to form a pocket. Press dough firmly with fingers or use a fork to seal the dough.Place pockets on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow pockets to cool. Pair with a side of fruit and veggies and dinner is done!