Just for Kids!
Keeping food fun is key when keeping kids interested and entertained in the kitchen. That is exactly what these veggie pasta salad shakers can do for you and your kiddos!
We add a variety of chopped vegetables with a simple bottled dressing (or feel free to make your own) paired with your favorite type of pasta and vegetables. The kiddos get to shake up all the ingredients and dump out on their plate or grab a fork and eat right out of the jar.
This idea would also be a great meal on-the-go for a lunch to pack or take to the ball field. Plus, the kids get to choose what they want to add in their jar.
What are your favorite veggies? What is your favorite type of pasta? How colorful can you make your shaker?
So let’s begin . . .
KIDS MAKE Veggie Pasta Salad Shakers
- 2 cups pasta
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 1. In a 12-ounce jar, place one to two tablespoons of dressing. Next, add chopped veggies. Top with pasta noodles. Place lid on jar and shake well. *May want to refrigerate for at least 30minutes for ingredients to meld together.
*Note: Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or use cold pasta for best results. My daughter did enjoyed them more once they were refrigerated and flavors came together. We both could not stop eating them!