Pumpkin Spice Date Bites
What goes great with coffee and a must in my freezer? These little date bites!
These bites are the perfect little boost of nutrients, plus a flavor punch of yumminess.
These bites are naturally sweetened with dates and pack in a bunch of nutrients. Nuts, dates and pumpkin puree are all nutrient powerhouses. Let’s talk ingredients!
Dates are high in fiber, rich in antioxidants, and one of my favorite highlights shares that dates may be helpful in lowering inflammation in the brain to help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
*Remember there is NO-added-sugar in this simple combo. And yes, dates are sweet, but they have their own magical balance between fiber, nutrients, and sweetness to help keep blood sugar levels stable (no spikes).
There is no need to shy away from this nutrient powerhouse!
Yay for pumpkin! Pumpkin is also packed with antioxidants, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and let’s not forget about fiber. Pumpkin has been show to be helpful in boosting immunity, promoting heart health, aiding in healthy skin, and lowering risks for types of cancers.
Pumpkin Spice Date Bites
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 1 cup nuts any variety
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning (may add 1/2 tsp. more for extra flavor)
- dash of salt optional
- This recipe works best with a large food processor. In the bowl of food processor fitted with an s-blade, pulse the dates until a sticky ball is formed.
- Add the nuts and process again until mixture is finely ground and crumbly.
- Add in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie seasoning and salt and pulse together until mixture sticks together easily when pressed between your fingers.
- If the mixture doesn't stick together, try adding one tablespoon of water and process again.
- Use a cookie dough scoop and roll into bite-sized balls. Arrange them in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet, and store in the fridge or freezer for at least 30-minutes. Once bites are cold, you can pile them into a container (without them sticking to each other) and cover tightly. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
Are you nuts?
I cannot forget to talk about the benefits of nuts! Feel free to use your favorite type of nut from cashews to pecans, or a mixed variety of nuts. All nuts boast many essential nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium, and selenium – just to name a few.
The benefits are huge from anti-aging (keeping wrinkles away, too), to heart health, and even mood boosting!
Selenium is a key nutrient that has been shown to help boost moods and aid in brain health. This is totally awesome!
With all that said about the benefits . . .
I love to enjoy this fall flavor combo for a simple snack or mini pre-workout breakfast. I hope you enjoy them, too!