Have you ever said to yourself, I need to weigh this number or why can’t I get back to the jean size I was in my 20’s. The standards we set for ourselves on being a certain size or look a certain way has been setting us up for harmful eating disorders or disordered eating habits that many people, male or female, struggle with.
And it is sad to say the statistics for eating disorders and disordered eating habits are higher than certain health diseases.
Meet our guest
Our guest today, registered dietitian, Christy Maloney, is an expert in treating eating disorders and those with disordered eating habits.
She earned a Bachelor of Science in psychology and later extended her knowledge with a second BS degree to become a registered dietitian.
The background of psychology and nutrition is a perfect match for helping her clients.
From working in the hospital to a private practice with treating eating disorders, this experience led to a new career path to opening her own practice that is devoted to the treating of eating disorders at an outpatient level.
Christy is also a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist and an expert leading the way in this area!
In this episode, you will learn:
1. About the set point theory and how your body can resist weight loss
2. How to shift your mindset towards body neutrality
3. The psychology of eating and associating food with morality
Connect with Christy!
- Instagram: @eatingdisorder.dietitian
- Website: Enhance Nutrition Associates
- Work with Christy: Christy Maloney, RD, LDN, CEDS-S, CPT – Christy Maloney (enhancenutritionassociates.com)
- Resources: ED 101 for Registered Dietitians Course