There are many days when I don’t have time to get in a 30- or 45-minute workout. I have so many good intentions on some days in getting in a full workout.
Save time with this efficient and effective workout!
Either something comes up or I get distracted (or simple don’t want to) and time flies by and I have to take or pick up one of my kids.
There have been many days when I only have 15 minutes before I have to go somewhere and I think to myself, “Can I get in an effective workout in only 15 minutes?”
In my honest response, “YES, I can!” Let’s get it done right now because otherwise it will not happen the rest of the day.
This is an effective workout of easy exercises to increase:
- Cardio health
- Bone health
- And more!
I specifically designed this easy-to-remember workout with moves that work all muscles (front & back).
How to do the exercises
1) Squat Jacks: These can be done at a half squat and move your legs in and out similar to a jumping jack.
2) Beast Hold with Toe Taps: This position is held in all-fours, meaning arms right underneath the shoulders and knees in-line with hips. Gently lift your knees two inches off the ground and add alternating side toe taps. This is a great functional movement which targets your core as well as working your shoulders and quads.
3) Reverse lunge with knee-up (Right Side): This exercise can be done at low or high intensity, whatever feels right for you! Step your right leg back and lunge straight down (as right knee will be a few inches off the ground). Bring your leg forward and balance on the left leg as you bring the knee up. Modified version of this move does not need to do this step.
4) Plank hold with arm raise: In a plank, alternate reaching each arm forward in the air. Modified version can be done on knees or skip the arm raises and perform a plank hold.
5) Reverse lunch with knee-up (Left Side): Repeat exercise #3 on the left side.
How long to do the exercises
I enjoy using the App Interval Timer.
Perform each exercise for 35 seconds, rest for 20 second between each exercise.
Perform a total or three rounds with one minute rest between each round.